How to choose the right size of football boots
You odered new football boots on the internetet and after a few days they are delivered. You open the box quickly and they look perfect.
You put them on and then... the hell begins. You find out with horror that they dont fit you. They are either to small, tight or on the contrary too big. It happens and it can happen to you as well.
How to choose the right size of a football boot and avoid all the possible inconveniences
In this tutorial you will find everything you will need to know to be able to choose just the right size for any foot.
You will learn:
- How to measure foot and choose the right size of a boot
- What to be careful about while measuring and choosing
- What all can affect the correct size selection
- What to do if you still choose incorrectly
Buying new football boots
Its simple. You need new football boots. You dont know which model to choose? The article "How to Choose Football Boots" will help you. You do know which model to choose? Cool. Then you have two options.
- The firts option is to visit our shop. (But only if you can make it to Prague, otherwise look at the second option). That is ideal. Not only because you can choose from the range of football boots in the Czech Republic but most importantly you can try them, walk or even shortly run with them. And if you would need any kind of help or advise, our guys are always there to help.
- The second option is to use our e–shop. You can order football boots from the home comfort, but you dont have the possibility to try them or inspect them as you would probably like before you buy them. That is just not ideal, but its still OK. This article is there mostly for the ones in this situation.
In both cases its important to know which size football boots do you need.
Which size of football boot do I need?
You will find out after measuring your feet. You can do it at home and all you need is a paper, a pencil and ruler. Measure your feet in the afternoon - they should be more stretched and bigger then. Measure both of them as one can be slightly bigger, that is normal if the difference isnt noticeable with a simple look.
How to measure your feet and choose correctly:
1) Take clean paper. Its only important that your foot fits on it without exceeding it. Then step on the paper while wearing the sock you will play with - that is very important!
2) If anybody is helping you, ask him or her to take a pencil and outline your foot with it. If you are doing it on your own, try to hold the pencil as vertically as possible while outlining.
3) With a ruler or anything else that is able to measure lenght in centimeters find out what distance is between the two line points furthest from each other - from your heel to toes. Then write down or remember the measured number of centimeters.
4) Do everything again for the second foot. As we mentioned before it can be longer a bit. Then you will have two numbers that are hopefully the same or at least very similar. Remember or write down only the bigger of them.
5) Take the filnal number and add 4-8 milimeters to it. If you know about youself that you like to have quite some space in football boots, 8 milimeters will be good for you, but if you like wearing tight football boots and you dont have any kind of problems with wide feet at the same time, 4 milimeters or something about will be absolutely enough. And if you are choosing from leather boots you dont have to add any milimeters at all. They will stretch to fit.
Completed. I have the number.
I have my feet measured, what next?
When you have your feet measured, go to our e–shop. Choose football boots that you like and then click on the available sizes on the right side of the page. While choosing one, use the UK–US–CM table. Find your measured size there (with those few milimeters added) and you will find out what size is connected to it. Thats what you were looking for!
You will also find your football boots size in the table of sizes. Choose your boots brand and look for the size corresponding with your measured centimeters. Now you know which size to choose and you can visit the shop or eshop.
Some addtional tips
Try football boots properly
In the shop be precise with trying them. Walk, run, jump. Try them in every position a foot can get into. If you are not feeling good in them, try another pair.
Did you buy them on the internet? Before you take them into the field (and loose the right to return them or exchange them) put them on and be in them for some time. For an hour for example. Try walking in them at home. If that doesnt feel comfortable after you get used to them in a few minutes, its not good. Only leather boots need more time to adapt to your feet, so with them be more patient.
Every brand has quite different size numbering
Big brands like Nike, adidas and Puma mostly have their own size numbering that is more or less different from other brands. So always try to choose by the centimeters, because centimeters are the same everywhere. On our website you can also find the table of sizes.
How much space should I leave in front of toes in a football boot?
The old rule of a free space that is enough to fit a thumb is not working in case of football boots. They should fit you as tight as possible while still comfortable. Its on you how much free space do you prefer, in general its good to leave there a space of about 4-8 milimeters. Bigger space would be too much.
Will football boots stretch?
It depends on the material.
In general we can say that leather boots will stretch. So when choosing some of them try to find a pair that fits you very tight from the beginning. After short time they will stretch into the shape of your feet. The kangaroo skin will stretch the most, other leather will stretch less but still really well.
Football boots from synthetical materials stretch just a little or dont stretch at all. Beacuse of the the 4-8 milimeters free space in front of toes is important.
Football boots with or without laces?
You can tighten football boots with laces exactly as much as you like.
In the other hand football boots without laces will be still tight the same. They are designet to fit tight as possible because of that. While choosing them its really important to feel good in them instantly as you dont have any option to tighten them, otherwise it will be even worse on the pitch!
Football boots with or without ankle sock?
While choosing the right pair the ankle sock or its absence is not really important. We can only tell you that boots with it can be a bit harder to get in and some players feel more comfortable in them. It holds your ankle a little more stable and procects it a bit.
What if I have wide feet?
Its important to think about your foots lenght but also not forget about its width. If you know your feet are wide, choose from the wider models. Which are wide?
As a wide models we can for example mark Nike Magista, Nike Hypervenom, Nike Tiempo, adidas Copa Mundial, adidas X, Puma Future, Puma One, Mizuno Rebula 3, New Balance Tekela, New Balance Furon 6 Pro and other.
For wider feet leather boots are good in general, because they will stretch. And it can also be said, that boots from adidas and Puma are wider in general.
If football boots feel too tight on the sides, dont try to solve it by choosing bigger size. On the pitch your feet will move from front to back and that is horrible. Even if we are talking about your favourite players collection boots, you just have to choose something else. Its really not worth it. Football boots have to fit you by its lenght and width at the same time!
What should I do if my football boots dont fit me?
If your new football boots dont fit you because of any reason (they are too small, big, too tight...) you can return them or exchange them for the same but different size boots or different model. Do it, return them and order different size or model.
Only exception is leather. Leather boots will stretch, so if they are just too small or tight, be patient.
How to choose football boots for kids?
Childrens foot grows. It often said: "Buy them a bigger size boots as their feet will grow into it." But your child needs fitting pair now, not in a year. Too big football boots, in which its feet will be moving from side to side are useless. Of course you can choose slightly bigger boot in case of a growing feet, but very decently! If your child does somenting it likes, dont spoil it by buying it a bad size boots.
- Before you order football boots on the internet or go buy them to our shop, measure your feet properly. Its completely free, it doesnt take more than 5 minutes and evrything you need to do it you can find at hot. By that you will avoid unnecessary inconveniences with giving bottss back.
- When your football boots arrive (if you ordered them on the internet), try them properly. Put them on and walk in them indoor. Even for an hour.
- Football boots are not sneakers. To be able to perform well on the pitch football boots must fit as tight as possible and at the same time comfortably. You have to be in them during the whole match.
- If you dont feel ideal in football boots (they are tight o loose too much, they are too wide...) choose another ones. You would feel terrible on the pitch and thats absolutely not worth it.